Skip to main content

My Date with the Italian Supermodel

I had been dreaming about her for almost 4 years, chased her on my bike whenever I saw her. Almost every night I used to fantasize being with her, being inside her, riding her or probably driving her, and driving myself crazy.

Let your crazy thoughts take some rest, this is not what you think.

My desire for her had turned into an obsession. I had promised myself that I will get her, come what may. I was sure that I had found my second love.

That was till I saw this drop dead gorgeous Italian beauty, scorching hot, oozing with oomph, glitz and a stunning stance. I would have missed her, but for my sister, who noticed her. That stretched sporty style coupled with her sizzling looks and I was floored. What I had thought as my second love, suddenly looked a tad older, tad dull and a tad boring.

I knew if at all there will be a second love, it was this "second" her.

I had just seen the Fiat Palio Sport, in my favourite colour - Black.

We were returning from some purchase or window shopping, from GN Chetty Road and were moving towards Pondy Bazaar when the curvacious beauty overtook us. I almost missed her because of the collar I had on my neck (those Off Times with my Bike).

The very night, my obession for her details had begun. Hours were spent on the net and a good load of money was poured into auto magazines. Though limited on the road, this particular pocket dynamite was widely revered by most auto enthusiasts.

Only two other cars was comparable to this piece of gem - Old Honda City (not the Second Generation Drunkard's Imagination of a Futuristic Design of 'Boat Turned Upside Down' or the Third Generation Ugly Looking Poor Imitation of the Bimmer) and Ford Ikon 1.6 NXT, and I was not interested in that extra bum box they call as boot.

With an 1.6 Litre Engine with 4 Cylinders under her hood pumping out almost 100 Horses for that impressive power, the double barrel headlamps which is a rarity even in cars twice her price, those beautiful yet functional alfa romeo alloy wheels, which will make even environmentalists root for the car to be on road, the fantabulous ride and handling, precise and responsive steering, this car was considered the hottest petrol hatch in the country. You need to be blind to miss this beauty on wheels.

Coupled with Fiat's reputation for building a car like a tank, this was one sizzler that should be on the radar of any sane person looking out for a car (hatch) in the sub 10 Lakh segment. (There are popular views available on the net with reference to Fiats build quality - A Fiat will last longer than the Company itself. Fiat will survive wars, famines, floods etc.)

The only downside - she was a guzzler, returning around 8 km per litre of petrol, which goes even down if you drive like me. There were equally a wide array of those shit heads who speak about resale value, interiors and after sales service.

"Buy a Maruti, they have wide network of service stations". Those scumbags need to realize service stations are only for some unexpected and bad eventuality. I expect my car to be sturdier, stronger and performer. I guess with a Maruti, every day is an event, for that eventuality is repetitive task on its diary. With a Maruti, you cannot afford to be away from a service station. Ask any Maruti owner about the constant rattling noise they hear the second day of their new car. That is no music, it is from the dashboard, poorly fitted glasses, and an absolutely low quality in manufacuring process. (If Swift is selling so well, it is not just because it is a Maruti, it is simply because of that gem of an engine inside it, which is a Fiat's product - its world famous, award winning Diesel Multijet. Though Swift on its own does deserve some respect, thanks to its gear box and funky styling)

Another huge complaint was about resale value. Some breeds of pigs, which call themselves humans, never understand that you buy a car, not to sell, but to drive. The same shit-head-meets-and-licks-pig-hole kind of people also crib about mileage.

Those commuters. Oooowwwaack! I loathe them, for they know the price of everything, and value of nothing.

This car is for the romantic, for those who have got an heart, which can think. Motor enthusiasts in the net continuously rooted for this piece of wonder (team-bhp.com), and went wild if any one pointed a finger at her offendingly. The passion of these owners was comparable with the passion of Bullet owners, which I was already. We don't give a fucking damn about mileage, after sale service, resale value, interiors and all such craps.

I was already feeling like the owner.

And I became one, this day, one year before.

Comments

Ketan said…
You may choose to call me all the names possible, but it's important to consider mileage, IF one doesn't have enough money to spare, and especially, if you're likely to use it for daily commuting.

Though, my idea is identical to yours about the resale value thing.

No offence meant to Fiat Palio-Sport ;)

Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Open Letter to the President, ICAI

Dear President, The substance of this letter is the state of examination and evaluation system of our Institute's qualifying exams. The recently declared result is just the tipping point, and not the substance of this letter. Let this communique not be misconstrued as demanding a revamp merely because the results have been pathetically low. This open letter would have probably been drafted still, even if the results threw out an extremely student friendly outcome of say 100% Pass. Before I move on to present my points, I would like to state that I have been a firm believer of assertion that you get only what you deserve. A person who got "100 Marks" deserved that "100 Marks". And a student who got "0 Marks", deserved that as well. As someone who got both the above extremes during my academic days, I have maintained the above assertion with a certain degree of understanding and conviction. I also would like to make it clear right at the ou

Covid and The End of Kerala Model?

That Kerala has been often quoted as a "Model State" is a fact. Based on many metrics, many economists and social welfare analysts have often singled out Kerala for its high per capita, the higher literacy rate, their land reforms, higher life expectancy, lower infant mortality etc. In essence, its better social infrastructure has been its key selling point as a "Model State". Wikipedia has a whole page dedicated to the "Kerala Model". There is also a segment which reproduces an opinion which says that it is the world's most sustainable model. I am not here to contest any of that. This post tries to look at the Post Covid world and how the so called "Kerala Model" may account for nothing in the absence of a strong local / domestic economy. When you think of Kerala, you think of the famous tagline "God's Own Country", which it is truly. Filled with natural landscapes which are beautiful and magical, a trip to Kerala wil

The Terminal Date

Chapter 1 - The Meet - Now " Thambi , don't you have change? Don't you even think it is unfair to give 2000 rupee note for a bottle of water?" "Sorry Anna . Have only Rs.15 otherwise." Elan was wondering what other options he has. Return the bottle? Go to the next shop? Go to the ATM at the CMBT's concourse to withdraw some cash? 'Have to rule it out. ATM will rule it out.' "Anna, Can I use Paytm to make the payment?" "For Rs.20?" "I will pay Rs.100. You can give me some change also." "I don't trust these things. And even I don't have any change to return. Either you pay Rs.20 or leave. Its 12 in the night and I have no mood to argue." Elan kept the bottle on top of the boxes with butter biscuits and was about to leave, when he heard "I can give you change." It sounded familiar. He turned to his right to find a familiar face. The girl who lived opposite to his house at Nerku